Super Steel expanded metal is sold to downstream OEM and third-party manufacturing operations.
Expanded metal is a form of metal stock made by shearing a metal plate in a press, so that the metal stretches, leaving diamond-shaped voids surrounded by interlinked bars of the metal. The most common method of manufacture is to simultaneously slit and stretch the material with one motion.
Expanded metal is used in grates, outdoor furniture (e.g. benches), fencing, installation of “heating floor” system, plastering (metal lath). It is often used also for guarding to prevent contact with hot surfaces or machinery.
- Nominal Size of Mesh: (SWM) 10mm to 36mm / (LWM) 21mm to 101.6mm
- Thickness: 0.5mm to 8.0mm
- Strand Width: 1.5mm to 9.0mm
- Weight: 1.24kg/m2 to 31.4kg/m2
- Sheet Size: 2440mm (SWM) x 1220mm (LWM)